Thursday, September 6

Mid-morning Passions

"Karibu, dada!"

Lilian hands me a plateful of passion fruit, watermelon, and peanuts as she calls me "sister" with a smile. I like having new Tanzanian sisters. I'm sitting at the computer in Chase and Leighton's room sorting through piles of video clips of beautiful Maasai women making beaded creations. I'm getting lost in the scenes of these artisan ladies threading beads with their passionate grace.

My mid-morning snack is crunchy and tart. It is clear to Chase that I am a passion fruit-eating novice.

"You can just swallow it whole, and it won't be so crunchy, you know."

"Well, what if I like slurping my passion fruit, Chase," I retort, with a sassy-grin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JENELLE!!!!!
i miss that place so so so much!!!

Anonymous said...

yet one wonders at what cost this is to the writer. discount flower girl dress One understands that there is much more anguish than was revealed on the page, discount flower girl dresses that the anguish has been driven underground--not just on the page, discount graduation dress